The Penistone and Area Partnership is a fantastic place to work and learn. It provides a unique school based learning opportunity in partnership with Sheffield Hallam University who are the initial provider. This is an inspirational partnership of 10 primary schools and 4 secondary schools (with more schools joining in 2019), many of which have achieved Good or better Ofsted ratings, as has the education programme of its partner university.
Why choose School Direct?
School Direct offers a bespoke program that will develop and support every trainee during their training year.
From day 1 you are at your host school building relationships with students, meeting your colleagues and learning the systems of the school. We believe this approach supports trainee teachers better than other teaching routes because of the relationships you will build with students and staff from day 1. The programme also offers bespoke CPD that is tailored to support and develop your needs and provide you with strategies you can apply in your teaching.
The vision, shared by all the schools, is straightforward but powerful – ‘the highest standards of education and care for all’. We prepare our young people to be responsible and ethical global citizens. We equip them with the skills, knowledge and understanding that will allow them to develop the creativity, resilience and tenacity to take on the challenges of growing up in the 21st century. We try to create an environment in which staff, pupils and trainee teachers feel valued and supported.
The schools in the partnership have all worked with trainee teachers for many years and fully recognise how much vibrancy, enthusiasm and drive they can offer to a school community. A School Direct placement with us will provide an excellent experience, fully equipping you to excel in your NQT year and beyond.
Located in the beautiful surroundings of the Peak District and within easy commuting distance of Sheffield, Huddersfield and Leeds, a placement with Penistone Area Partnership offers you the opportunity to develop your practice in one of our excellent partner schools with the support of a dedicated and experienced team of staff.
As we have a diverse range of participating schools and settings within the partnership, we can offer you a wide range of teaching and training opportunities ranging from Key stages 1 to 5. You will gain experience in the Key stage you wish to teach and have a short placement in the stages either side, confident in the knowledge that you are contributing to creating a culture where success is achievable for all.
Did you know;
- SHU will reimburse you for your travel costs to university on a Friday
- From 2019/20, SHU will be working with Trauma Informed Schools to offer training on Relationship Management and Working with Children, unique to SHU.
- All SKE’s have a bursary attached to support you over the summer whilst you study, which now includes COMPUTER SCIENCE. Once a conditional offer is given, you will be contacted regarding a possible SKE depending on your requirements.
- Your professional standards portfolio is completed ONLINE, one of the first in the UK to offer this.
- SHU is the 4th largest provide to teacher training.
- We work with a variety of schools across Huddersfield, Wakefield and Barnsley.